Wednesday, June 30, 2021

life in june

Started the month with an MRI of my abdomen to check for adenomyosis. I am supposed to have surgery in August to excise any endometriosis that has grown back, but the surgeon also wanted to check to see if the endometrial tissue had grown into the uterine wall. I wasn't really prepared for this whole experience, but it was fine and results are NOT indicative of the condition. 
We had our first trip to Hawaiian Falls this season!  It was a great day with friends, and I especially love how sweet Carter is to Colby.  According to Colby,  they are best buddies :)
Girl's Night at Torchy's Tacos...
I finally received my 2020 blog book!  Never has it taken me until May to finish the book from the previous year, but better late than never, right?? These books are beyond precious to me, something that I hope will bless my family forever. 
I'm not sure who thought these loungers were a good idea in the baby section of the pool, but the kids are putting them to good use, haha.  At one point, ALL the kids at the pool joined in on a huge (and highly entertaining) "Girls vs Boys" water fight that lasted over an hour.  My kids couldn't stop talking about it that night!
Nay Nay and Papa visited us, we celebrated Brooke's birthday, and had a beautiful baptism for our girl...but those will all receive their own post.

We spent nearly 6 hours in the sun with the Peterson crew :)  So much fun, and my kids are only a little bit sunburnt. (Back: Beckett and Griffin, Front: Wells, Ridge, Colby, Mack, and Brooke)
Katie and Katie...
Sweet boys...
Our kids were eager to show off their skills, then the Peterson kids (and parents) tried out the boards, and then Kevin went for a few rides...
I love watching Kevin do his thing, but it's especially fun to hear the comments from the kids who are super impressed. And added perk of boating with friends: they take cool pics and videos while you drive the boat!

 Then we inflated the tube...
Next up was Father's Day!!  I am forever grateful that these kids have such an amazing Daddy.  He's incredibly patient, kind, fun, and loving. And we all agree that he is the very best at snuggling.
Before we headed to Grandma and Papa's, Brooke offered to make everyone a sandwich and served Kevin's on our special red plate. 
We were supposed to have dinner at our house, but when Papa wasn't feeling great, we moved dinner to their house. Colby was on dinner prep, but called it quits on the second ear of corn because "all the hairs were freaky."
Loved our quiet afternoon celebrating the dads!
The Peacocks were out of town, but made it home in time to stop by for dessert. 
Pool day with friends!  We didn't get to do this at all last summer due to the "No Guests" Covid rule, so this was a real treat. The kids entertained themselves for hours. 
I was not sold on the new loungers the HOA put in the pool, but turns out they are pretty great for "sittervising"!  We even managed to plan our meals for our upcoming beach trip, but we moved to the regular patio chairs so we could write down our notes :)
Lifelong friends...
And friends for 14 years!!  Just missing Andreia :(
After our pool time, I decided to just get the yard work done.  I asked Brooke to practice piano and then help Colby.  I came inside to this adorable sight.  She is way more patient than me and I was so grateful for her willingness to help me AND her little brother!
Saw Peter Rabbit 2 to celebrate Aubrey's birthday.  I know I've said this many times, but cousin time is the best time!!
They hug each other like it's been ages EVERY time they see each other.  Thankfully, Auntie Mel Mel caught a picture of it.
After several failed attempts at getting a babysitter, we went on a family date to celebrate our 15th anniversary, haha.  But it definitely didn't go as expected. We had reservations at a hibachi restaurant, but ended up at a Mexican place thanks to a ridiculously long wait time and shortage of hibachi chefs.
We still had fun, but I am gonna need a redo on this anniversary date. 
Selfies while we waited...
At the end of the month we went on a beach trip with friends, but I'll save those details for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment