Saturday, June 12, 2021

summer birthday party

Nothing says summer birthday party more than an inflatable water slide!!  I even checked with the HOA and they were fine with us using the giant field by our house for the occasion :)  We invited neighbors (and her friend Claire who lives pretty close) & family and enjoyed a wonderful day together!
The kids tested it out while Mom and I attempted to set up the Ez-Up we borrowed for shade :)  It wasn't actually easy at all, haha, so we had to wait until Kevin got back from picking up the Costco pizza. 
Then all the guests arrived :)  It was really hot, but still fun to hang out, enjoy pizza and watermelon, and watch the kids play. 
It was pretty special to have both sets of grandparents here for the occasion!
Guests included: Zalaya, Braxton, Zenley, and Bryson Nesbitt (and mom, Heather), Kayla and Aniyah Weaver (and mom, April),  Hope Vo (and dad, Thao), Brock, Marlie, Carter, and Ellie Hawkins (and parents, Ryan and Joanna), and Claire Kelly (and mom, Rheta). And of course, family!  Cousins Kinley, Aubrey, and Emery Peacock (and Auntie Mel Mel), Grandma and Papa, and Nay Nay and Papa. 
Cupcakes for the birthday girl...
I had THE hardest time finding cupcakes, apparently there was a shortage in our area, haha.  I definitely could have made them, but with having company, preparing for a birthday, a party, and a baptism, I was trying to simplify. I finally found some at Market Street and they were delicious.  I'm not big into bright colored frosting with tons of food coloring, so we opted for white with blue sprinkles, then ordered the dolphins from amazon (which always comes to the rescue)!
Emery was really trying to get one...
The breeze made the candle lighting nearly impossible, so in the end, we sang to Brooke with an unlit candle, haha.  She wasn't quite sure what to do when the song ended, haha. 
Then it was present time!!  This girl's friends know her well and completely spoiled her with barbies and craft kits...
I allowed Brooke to open a few of the barbies, but after playing a bit, the kids were back on the slide.  Cute cousins...
Brooke and Claire...
Kayla, Aniyah, and Brooke...
Hope, Brooke, and Zalaya...
Brookie and Bryson...
And a quick picture with our girl, who was back for seconds on the pizza.  We bought WAY too much pizza, so we brought it back out for round two...
The family stuck around for a little bit longer, and Auntie Mel Mel had a special gift for Brooke.  It was a beautiful framed picture of her in her baptism dress, and a print with all the details of her baptism date and the covenants she is making. 
Brooke and Kinley worked on Perler beads while Colby and Aubrey played dress-up!
When everyone left, we let the kids zone out with a show while Kevin and I showered up and got ready to stop by a wedding reception.  Talk about a busy day!!  I was already pretty tired, was dealing with something stuck in my eye, then hurt my back as I bent over to get my blow dryer.  As I sat on the floor drying my hair, Kevin walked in to see if I was ready.  I just burst into tears and he quickly said we didn't need to go to the reception.  I wanted to go to support Ethan Parr and his new bride, but I was struggling physically. We went anyway, and I made sure to come home and get some good rest so that I could be ready for Brooke's special baptism day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment