Friday, May 14, 2021

orlando-day 6

We started out the day with an amazing breakfast at The Surfinista.  Kevin was giving me a hard time about my restaurant pick because everything on the menu was vegan, but it was seriously delicious and he admitted how yummy and filling it all was.  
I had an Acai bowl with fresh fruit, granola and bee pollen, the kids had berry smoothies, and Kevin had a smoothie and "The Holy Cacao" bagel (peanut butter, sliced banana, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, and drizzled with maple syrup). I'm wishing I could go back!
After breakfast, we checked out the merchandise inside this beach bungalow/hangout.  Brooke had no idea what this VHS tape was, haha. 
But they both decided they wanted a ukulele. 
Then it was time to hit the beach!  This view never gets old...
It was definitely not a very warm morning, but the kids were still eager to get back in the water with their boards. 
The smiles and laughter were everything to me...
When they were nice and chilly, we spent some time in the sand.  I buried Brookie, then she wanted to turn me into Mama Mermaid.  It took way longer than she thought, haha, but she persisted and then enlisted help from Daddy and Colby.
I had the easy job of watching them work :)  
Then Colby wanted to get buried as well :)
Then it was back to the ocean for more boarding.  I'm glad Kevin was able to track down some boards because it definitely made the whole ocean experience more fun!  We knew it was unlikely that we could take them home with us, but we promised that we would try to fit them in the car seat bag, haha. 
Before we left for the day, we took a family walk down the beach and the kids collected shells.  They weren't as plentiful as other beaches we've been to, but the kids weren't too picky. 
Bags full of shells is all they really cared about :)
It was a peaceful and beautiful time with my little family. 
I had to do close-ups of their sandy features because isn't this what childhood is all about?
I'm always amazed at the ocean, the science of the tides, and the sand patterns...
We were all a little sad to leave, but we had about a 2 hour drive back to Orlando, so we decided to get on the road.  
About an hour into our drive, Kevin said, "Oh my goodness, do we have a hotel in Orlando tonight, or Cocoa Beach?"  I instantly knew we had messed up!  He pulled up his hotels.com app and sure enough, we were supposed to stay another night in Cocoa Beach.  No wonder we felt like our beach time was cut short! We were supposed to have a full day there, another night, and then head to Orlando the next day. 

But since we were already an hour away, we decided to just use hotel points to book a new hotel in Orlando and figure out a different plan. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment