Wednesday, May 12, 2021

orlando-day 5

We headed out to the beach for a few days, and although the weather didn't cooperate for long, we enjoyed that sunshine while we could!!
Florida beaches are so beautiful.  I love walking over those dunes and watching the kids sprint towards the water.  Brooke was giggling and just SO genuinely happy, which of course, made me really happy.
The kids wanted me to come in and play, so I ran in after them :)
It was so good just to run and be silly with them.  
Why are my kids getting so grown up??  I am loving this stage of independence, but it's also crazy when I look back at pictures from their baby and toddler phase because those are such distant memories now.  
Parent Selfie :)
Colby was intrigued by the sand that was automatically burying Kevin's feet as the tide came in and out. 
The weather was so beautiful when we first arrived, but the sky was getting a little darker and we knew that storms would soon be moving in.  As I played with the kids, Kevin decided to go back to where we parked and look into renting boogie boards. 
The kids played together on a nearly deserted beach while we waited.  
After what felt like a really long time, I called Kevin to check on his status. The sky was getter super dark and I knew our time was limited.  He was already walking back after having bought each of the kids their own board, and they were thrilled with the surprise. We had told them that he just went back to get something from the car :)
The dark skies didn't deter the kids one bit, but as soon as we saw lighting in the distance, we had to call it a day. But i'm glad they had fun while they could :)
It started pouring as we drove back to our hotel, but we saw the most beautiful rainbow!
After nice warm showers, we ventured over to the Ron Jon Surf Shop. The building is super bright outside, so I had to snap a picture of Miss Tropical :)  I guess a sun hat works in the rain as well, haha. 
We spent forever inside, and the kids spent some more of their souvenir money. Colby bought a little notebook and Brooke bought some snap bracelet diving sticks. 

We drove around after shopping and found a fun restaurant on the beach.  The food was delicious, and the walk out to the beach in the dark was amazing. Brooke didn't want to leave, so we kept calling her Moana.  The water just calls to her I guess, haha.
It was the perfect ending to our day's adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment