Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Minnesota-day four

On day four, Kimberly and I opted to dress our girls in the matching clothes we purchased for the family pictures we didn't get to take at the family reunion we didn't get to have.  Covid really put a kink in our family plans! But the girls sure looked cute...
Then we officially started our day with Rhu-berry pop and apple spice donuts at Welsch Heritage Farm. Both treats were amazingly delicious and we were all sugared up for our apple-picking adventure. 
The kids loved the process, especially since you're allowed to sample anything you want. 
Brooke is still missing a front tooth, so she had to get creative in her sampling...
I love looking back at these pictures and remembering the fun we had together.  It's fun to see our little families and know that we're in this whole parenting gig together. 
We sampled Honeycrisp, Chestnut Crab, Haralson, Mcintosh, Zestav, and Courtland varieties and I couldn't tell you which was my favorite.  But Kevin caught me mid-bite on one of them, haha. 
As we left, Colby handed me this beautiful flower and asked me to keep it forever.  I wanted a picture together in case something happened to the flower, and Colby quickly said, "I'll also show my baby apple so we can remember that it was apple picking day."  He is my little buddy forever!!
Next on the agenda was Minneola State Park, which was gorgeous. The weather also couldn't have been more perfect in the mid-60's.
Kevin, being Kevin :)  This is what I get when I try to take his picture...
But he will take normal ones with me as well :)
Family adventures are the best...
Especially when they involve beautiful fall leaves and a waterfall...
They had several trails to walk down and my kids loved throwing sticks and rocks along the way.
We hiked down to the bottom of the falls which was really quite beautiful with all the moss covered rocks.
They made scary (and creepy) faces with Uncle Josh...
Then spotted a giant frog on the way back up..
Kimberly planned such a fun week for us and I was already getting sad that we only had a few days left!  Especially since we hadn't seen each other since September 2018.  That's a full two years!!
I'm glad we had this trip to make memories together, especially with my littlest buddy who I had never met. 
Brooke loved to be near Grace, and when she saw Brooke put a leaf into her jacket pocket, she started handing her handfuls of leaves and waiting for them to go into her pockets. Such a doll!
It was nearly a perfect day, until a wasp stung Kimmie during our picnic.  She took it like a champ and even commented that she was glad it was her and not one of the kids.  So, there's that :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment