Sunday, May 10, 2020

mother's day

My little people sleep in (best blessing EVER!), so I was already up and ready when they brought me breakfast in bed :)  Brookie also came down dressed for the day, so she's basically a rock star.  
Breakfast lineup: Naan bread, scrambled eggs, fresh berries (a few shaped into roses, thanks to Brooke's Princess Cookbook), and a tiny chocolate chip cookie :)  I was quite impressed with the presentation. 
After serving me, Kevin went and prepared plates of food for the littles and we all enjoyed our breakfast in bed.  I had to jump on a Relief Society call shortly after, but we made sure to take a few pictures before heading up to Flower Mound to celebrate with family.
I feel so much gratitude for my role as Mama and I hope that Brooke and Colby always know how much I truly love and cherish them.  Nothing compares to the joy I experience with them and the tender memories we have shared together.  They are both precious, smart, fun, spirited, and full of personality.
And I'm so glad that I don't have to do parenthood alone!  Being a mother is so uniquely mine, but having a companion makes all the difference in the world. Kevin is a great dad and definitely makes my job as Mama easier.
After pictures, the kids were eager to load up the bikes and head to Grandma and Papa's house. Within minutes of arriving, they were all out there riding circles on the driveway.
We took a few laps around the neighborhood, then headed back for some baseball, Barbies, and dinner prep. 
Oh, and Emery snuggles.  Can't forget about those sweet moments!! We hadn't seen much of family due to the virus, so it was great to hold and love on my sweet niece. Babies grow so quickly and I was feeling sad that we were missing the whole "newborn" phase. 
At one point before dinner, Colby came charging into the house to go potty.  I was cooking in the kitchen when I heard him yell for me in a sort of panicked way from the powder bathroom.  I walked in to see him standing in a giant puddle of pee. He has literally never done that in the 2 years he's been potty trained, so I definitely wasn't prepared for the situation.  I didn't have any extra clothes, so he had to wear a towel skirt until his clothes could wash and dry on an express cycle.  

He wasn't too thrilled about it, obviously, but you do what you gotta do sometimes, haha. At least Kevin had the idea to hold it up with his belt, haha.
Brooke made sure she got a few Emery snuggles as well before taking a cute grandkid picture with Grandma.  
It just so happened that Mother's Day weekend was also Jerry and Bev's 45th wedding anniversary, so I made a card with 45 things we love about them.  The Peacocks sent me ideas as well, so it was a joint gesture and I think they loved it.
They are so loved by our family and it was a fun way to recognize the many unique things we love and admire about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment