Saturday, May 16, 2020

sweet girl

Kevin is out of town at Grandma GG's funeral, so I told Brooke that she could sleep in my bed with me. We had to be a bit secretive about it since I knew there was only room for 2 of us in there, so I told Brooke to wait downstairs for me while I put Colby to bed.  He took a while to fall asleep, so I figured Brooke might also be sleeping when I came downstairs.  I walked into my room where she was all nestled up in bed with only my nightstand light on.  I couldn't tell if she was asleep, but there was a large note waiting for me next to my lamp.  
It was the sweetest note she had ever written me, and I could feel her eyes watching me.  She popped out of bed to give me the biggest hug. I immediately started crying and she pulled away to see my reaction. I think she knew that it was gonna make me emotional, but I loved that she tried to do something so sweet for me.  Earlier in the week, I had typed up the letter I had hand-written to her while in the hospital waiting for Colby to be born.  It was a pretty tender letter about how much I loved her, cherished being her Mama,  and felt confident that she would be a great big sister. I left it on the stairs in my "take up the next time you're going upstairs" pile for her baby book, and I guess she read it and wanted to write me a special note as well.

I love this darling girl so much, and although we butt heads sometimes (why can kids be so opinionated?), I hope she will always know of my unconditional love for her.  I want a bond with her like I have with my Mom, and it's something I will try to work on every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment