Sunday, April 12, 2020

easter sunday

We prepared for Easter by studying from the same book we've used the last few years. It walks you through the last week of Christ's life before His crucifixion and resurrection and was such a cool experience to study each night with the kids and really more fully understand what happened on each of those days.  Palm Sunday, Cleansing Monday, Parable Tuesday, Betrayal Wednesday, Last Supper Thursday, Good Friday, Salvation Saturday, and Easter Sunday. My testimony was definitely strengthened through the process, and I hope Brooke and Colby can remember how they felt as we studied these important events.

This Easter was a little different since we weren't getting together with extended family, but I still felt like we were able to make it a special day.  On Saturday night, Kevin and I filled eggs with coins and treats, then hid them all over the house.  Their easter baskets were waiting for them in the office, and I'm glad they were in a less visible spot because Colby broke the rules and came downstairs before anyone else was awake!  He we snuggled in bed with Kevin and I until Brooke finally woke up, and then they checked out their baskets.  

The Easter bunny spoiled these kids again...
Kevin and I left the chalk and new card game for them :)
Then the hunt was on!!  Brooke was so sweet to help Colby when it was obvious that she was finding more eggs than her little brother. She really can be the best big sister! 
Brooke found the golden egg this year, and it was the very last egg to be found. It was nestled right next to a golden picture frame on a higher shelf in the office :) 
Once we were ready for our "home church", we reviewed our wreath, which has a picture symbolizing each of the days we had studied during the week.  The kids (especially Brooke) did a great job remembering what was significant about each day, and I feel like they really understood the true meaning of Easter.
How cute are these boys?  Colby looked adorable in his new easter shirt! I love the shirts I buy (on sale) from Janie and Jack because they are such good cuts and colors.
I didn't buy Brooke a new dress specifically for Easter since I bought her a few new dresses for the cruise we were supposed to take at the end of April, but I planned on her wearing this headband that perfectly coordinated with the boys...
You can tell it was "home church" since Kevin was rocking his sandals and the kids didn't even wear shoes, haha.
Because of Him, I can be with my family FOREVER! It's such a beautiful reassurance and my testimony of that principle has helped me through any trials I have faced.
This is, by far, my favorite picture of these two from Easter!  Kevin had just told them that if they smiled pretty, they could eat whatever they wanted from their baskets.  And it clearly worked like a charm, haha!  I love my littles one so much.  They aren't perfect, but they bring me so much joy and happiness and I am grateful that they are growing and learning so much every single day.
Later that afternoon, Grandma and Papa stopped by for a quick visit and to drop off a pineapple cake.  Although we didn't get to spend a lot of time together, it was good to see them briefly since it was a real disappointment that we couldn't do our normal family dinner and egg hunt.

We cooked a yummy steak dinner for the four of us, and dyed eggs after dinner clean-up.  It was a great ending to a simple day together at home!
I'm so grateful for my Savior and for this beautiful Easter season to reflect on His life, His sacrifice, and what that personally means for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment