Sunday, April 19, 2020

colby learns to ride a bike

Once Brooke learned how to ride her bike without training wheels, it was only a matter of time before Colby followed suit. We were going on SO many bike rides around the block, and Colby would try to keep up on his balance bike.  I felt bad for the kid because he was basically running around the block, but I could tell that he understood the whole "balancing" concept.  

I texted Kevin one afternoon and told him that Colby was ready for the 2 wheeler.  I had hurt my back and wasn't in a position to hunch over and run behind him, but luckily, Kevin didn't really have to either.  This kid was riding on his own within 2 minutes.  
I think he surprised himself with how quickly he could do it and I have this adorable screenshot from the end of his "first ride" video to remember forever.
Good job, Buddy!!  Of course, he wanted to ride up and down the street until dark, so eventually Kevin hopped on his skateboard to keep up. 
He was one happy little boy and we were all super proud of him.  Brooke's encouragement was pretty adorable during the video, saying "Good job, Bubbas." over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment