Thursday, May 2, 2019

MISD art show

In mid-April, we received a letter that Brooke's art was chosen to be in the Mansfield ISD Art Show.  Brooke was SO excited to get the letter out of her school folder because Mrs. Hickerson had read it in front of the whole class and only 2 student's artwork from her class were chosen.  I guess her teacher made a big deal about it, which brought a lot of excitement for my girl.  She was unsure which art piece was selected, and they really don't send a lot of her work home from art class, so it was a total surprise to us when we showed up, haha.  
I took a few pictures of Brooke as we waited for Kevin to meet us there.  The Art Show was at the MISD Center for the Performing Arts, which is the most beautiful facility! Can you see Brookie's excitement?  I love that she felt so much confidence from this experience. She picked out a "fancy" outfit, and requested that we all wear fancy clothes as well. 
I was IN love with her cute turtle artwork!  I had actually seen that piece because they did a fundraiser where they sent home stickers of her artwork, and then you could order her artwork on a slew of other things, including bags, mugs, and mouse pads. I didn't order anything, but I told her that I would make some of the stickers into cute magnets. (I still need to do that!) We roamed around and checked out the other artwork, but as we walked around I quickly realized what an honor it actually was to be selected.  There were probably only 10 other Kindergarten kids from Daulton represented!
She's a budding artist :) This was a teacher-led art project, but you can tell that each child made it their own.  Good work, little lady!  As we left, Brooke really wanted to tell my parents about it.  We tried Facetiming them, but neither one answered.  We then tried Uncle Jeffrey and he answered and totally made Brooke feel like a million bucks about being selected for the art show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment