Friday, April 26, 2019

bluebonnets

If you live in Texas, you know all about the bluebonnet obsession, haha!  The fact that these just grow wild all over the place really makes me happy.  Most of the best patches are right off the freeways, which means you can't easily go take pictures in them.  But you still see people do it occasionally, haha.  When Colby was a baby, we had Danielle take our family pictures in the wildflowers and this picture will forever be a favorite.  
I tried to recreate it this year and it's just crazy how quickly my little people are growing up!  They were such good sports about sitting in the flowers (and weeds) while I tried to get the perfect pictures. 
This was probably my favorite one because their natural smiles and cute relationship are everything to me...
If I wouldn't have waited so long, we wouldn't have had to deal with the overgrown weeds, so I will do these pictures earlier next year!  When we finished, Brooke said, "Can you help me out of here?" I was just praying that we wouldn't find a snake or some other critter hidden among the overgrowth.
Although you can't pick the bluebonnets (state flower), I let the kids pick the other wildflowers that were abundant on the hillside.
Brooke even found a little ladybug that she brought home with us :)
When I posted those pictures to Instagram, Tracy commented and asked where we took them.  I told her about our spot (really close to our house), but I also mentioned that there was supposed to be a huge patch of them at a park in Mansfield.  We made a plan to meet up and check it out, and I felt SO bad because we only found one tiny patch of bluebonnets!  Every other Texas wildflower was represented, but the bluebonnets were slim.  I flattened the grass behind the bluebonnets, and using portrait mode I created the illusion of more flowers.  I was able to get some pretty cute pictures of Tracy's kiddos, and then she took a few of my crew.  
How beautiful are these, though??  Such vibrant and beautiful colors.
Until next Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment