Thursday, October 26, 2017

pumpkin patches

I love our Fall traditions, one of which is meeting family up at the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. It's a free event, and they have so much to offer!  Hay rides, mazes, bounce houses, playgrounds, and zillions of pumpkins and photo opportunities throughout the property.

Random side note: our water heater went out the day before, and I could not bare to wash my hair in the freezing shower, so I had to wear a hat!  I did take a shower, but it was a quick one, haha.

The hay ride was definitely a highlight, and Colby was so excited to see the wooden Spiderman cut-out as we went along the path!  I didn't even realize that he knew who Spiderman was, but as soon as he saw it, he was screaming and pointing. 
I'm not even sure what these characters are, but Colby's face was too precious not to capture.
Then it was on to the pumpkins...
The girls always love putting pumpkins inside the wagons, and us adults are always amazed at how much weight they can pull. And there's always a game of tag...
A few days later, we went to a pumpkin patch in Arlington, which is another fun tradition.  We met up with the Sturgills and Crumptons, and despite the blazing heat, we still had fun!  One Texas tradition that I don't love: the blazing heat during October and November.  It makes the Fall activities, less Fall-ish :(
Pictures courtesy of Danielle: 
Every year we take pictures on these hay-bale horses, and Colby was really hamming it up this year. 
All the munchkins...
 I love that my kids have known these friends their whole lives, and I'm grateful for the 10 years of friendship with their mamas! ( We missed Tracy and her crew, who were all out of town.)




No comments:

Post a Comment