Sunday, October 1, 2017

conference campout

Conference Weekend meant it was time for our Conference Campout!  We started this tradition when Brooke was a baby, and have loved doing it twice a year ever since.  What once started in Grandma and Papa's backyard, has been in our backyard the last few conferences.  No matter where we are, we have a blast. The kids were eager to help with the set-up...
I was really skeptical about all sleeping in the tent (I have always slept in the house with Colby since there really wasn't room for everyone with our big ol' air mattress), but we were going to give it a shot.  This year, since Colby knew what was going on, we ditched the air mattress and laid out our sleeping bags on top of some blankets for padding.  These two were just so excited...
We read books, then tried to go to sleep. Brooke fell asleep quickly, but Colby was another story.  He was between Kevin and I, but kept standing up and trying to wander around, plop on Sissy, mess with the zippers, etc.  We kept laying him down over and over, but he kept resisting. I was worried that he would wake Brooke, so I finally threatened to take him in the house if he didn't lay down.  That was a mistake, because then he kept saying, "I sleep in my kib (crib)." Then it was game over!  I finally took him in the house and we both enjoyed a great night's sleep, haha.

Brooke and Kevin did great out there all night, but apparently she didn't sleep quite as good as normal because she fell asleep on my lap that afternoon as I stroked her hair.  This girl hasn't napped since she was two and a half, so I knew she was tired. I just cherished that sweet time with her.
One of the things I love about Conference Weekend is the time to just enjoy our home and not have other commitments.  Kevin always says that he loves just being in his own home since he's gone so much of the time.  The kids enjoyed the simple pleasure of collecting leaves in their buckets. Pants optional, haha.
But even Kevin's desire to stay home can't keep him from a quick trip to the lake, haha.  Colby is such a nut and wanted to stand up on the cushion.  Don't worry, I took him down after I snapped a picture, but I had to capture his crazy antics.
We're already looking forward to the next Conference Campout!

No comments:

Post a Comment