Friday, September 30, 2016

september with the littles

Since it is still blistering hot in September, we went on several boat outings. Kevin absolutely loves how much the kids enjoy boating. His whole life would be made if they turn into little wakeboarders or something, haha. 
I bought a double stroller in the hopes of training for a half marathon in November, but after a few really awful runs, I decided that I was in fact, NOT going to be training for anything.  It was so miserable to be so hot, and I felt so guilty because the kids were sweaty and hot by the time I was done.  I like to think that I am a determined person, but I just wasn't excited about training in these conditions!  I still use the stroller quite a bit though, so it wasn't a total loss.
One evening, I went to put Colby to bed and left Brooke to drink her milk.  I wasn't gone long, but she was fast asleep by the time I returned. For some reason, she will only drink warm milk in the morning and night while we read.  I have tried offering it during meals since I feel embarrassed that she still drinks a bottle, but she won't drink it.  So, I allow the milk drinking to continue.  Strong bones, right??
As evidenced by the zillions of pictures of her on a carousel, this is a favorite activity when we have to stop at the mall.
We spend lots of time at Katherine Rose Park with our ward play group.
Nay Nay send Brooke a new Halloween outfit, which she had to try on immediately!
Kevin had to travel to San Antonio, and the kids were sure excited when he made it home.  Couldn't even wait for him to walk in the door, haha.  I love seeing their reaction when he comes in the door each night. I rarely get that reaction, but I rarely am gone, so it makes sense I guess. 
About this time, we stopped being able to read stories together because Colby just wanted to rip Brooke's bottle from her hands (although he wouldn't take a bottle!), pull her hair, or roll off the bed.  We began one-on-one story time with Colby in his room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment