Wednesday, September 14, 2016

first haircuts

We were beginning to have some major "tangle problems", as Brooke and I called them, due to her long hair.  Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful, but it was a constant battle to keep it tangle-free since she likes it down the majority of the time. So, I made appointments with my good friend Andreia for both kids, and myself :)  I could tell that Brooke was a little nervous, but I kept reminding her that it would help with the tangle problems, and she seemed convinced.  She wanted Colby to go first, so he did.
We weren't sure how well he would do with the clippers, but he did great!  Andreia was so sweet and patient with him, and she praised him for being such a good boy.
I was IN LOVE with his haircut!  I have since learned to cut his hair myself since I can't go see Andreia every two weeks when his hair needs a trim, but her haircuts obviously look better.
When it was Brooke's turn, she was so brave.  I think she felt like a big girl sitting in that chair, and she was amazed at her "golden curl" that I let her hold.  It was really hard for me to see that last baby curl go, but I knew it needed to be done.
I was proud of them both and grateful for a friend who does hair at home so that I didn't have to deal with taking them to a salon! Miss Andreia is the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment