Thursday, March 31, 2016

tea party

Brooke attended her first "big girl" birthday party for our friend Eva Crumpton, who turned 10.  It was really sweet that they invited her, and Brooke was really looking forward to attending a tea party.  Brooke is all about dresses these days, so she was happy to get dress the part.
When we arrived at the party (with Colby), she was a little hesitant to even go inside.  Kevin said that she had a really hard time at Kinley's party last month, but I wasn't there to observe the disaster.  She knows these girls really well though, so I was a little surprised by her reaction.  She wanted me to hold her, which is not really like her either.  Colby was asleep in his car seat, so I did hold her for a bit until she felt more comfortable.  She wanted to go upstairs with the girls, but she wanted me to be right beside her.  I had to remind myself that she is only 2.5, so it's okay if she needed her Mama.  Right??

When it was time to start the activities, Brooke was already seeming more comfortable.  They decorated these adorable hats with silk flowers.  Lainey was so sweet and kept offering flowers to Brooke.
When they finished the hats, we sat down for the tea party.  Everything was super adorable, and Brooke loved the tea cups filled with lemonade.  I think she felt like such a big girl sitting there with everyone.  It was fun for me too since I got to see my friends.  Danielle took this sweet picture...
They finished the party by making little necklaces.  Brooke wore that necklace around for 2 days straight.  I would say that she liked it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment