Thursday, March 31, 2016

springtime in texas

I seriously love Spring in Texas.  I love the 70 degree weather, walks outside, playing at the park without sweating to death, and the occasional rainstorms.  Call me crazy, but I love me some thunder and lightening.  When I am in the comfort and protection of my home, of course :)
We spent time outside trimming bushes and shrubs, and planting flowers.  I really don't know what I am doing in terms of pruning, but I pretended like I knew what I was doing. Some of our annual plants didn't come in very full last Spring, and I think it was because I didn't prune them back adequately.  This year, I pruned them WAY back, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

I even found some kid-sized gardening gloves for Brooke, which was the finishing touch that my little helper needed.  As I was cutting branches off the trees, Brooke was gathering them up and saying "Thanks so much for helping me."  I love her perspective.
This is what Colby thought of the outdoor work...
We made a Costco run on one of those rainy days.  Thankfully, we both were wearing hoodies because I left my umbrella in my car.  Oops!
Colby's looked like a stud in his first pair of shorts for the season.  Chubby baby legs are oh so wonderful :)
And I wish I had a video of me trying to fly Brooke's kite, because it was hysterical.  More like an EPIC FAIL!  Either it was a crazy day for flying a kite, or I am just really bad at flying a kite.  We had a lot of wind, but it would come in gusts, so maybe the conditions were not that great.  Well, I ran all over that field by our house, with Brooke on my heels encouraging me.  Then getting pretty discouraged because I couldn't get it to fly.  She finally said, "Maybe Daddy can help us.", haha.
We ended the ordeal with popsicles, so the afternoon wasn't a total bust.
I cannot believe that my baby can almost sit in this chair!  I only left him there for a moment to snap the picture, but I know that before long, he will be sitting there enjoying a popsicle with his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment