Wednesday, August 5, 2015

bowling with the big girls

I had been anxious to take Brooke bowling, but we just hadn't made it to the bowling alley as a family yet.  The Young Women were having their mutual activity there last week, so I jumped on the opportunity to take Brooke along. (And Kevin wasn't home yet, so I really had no choice.)
They gave her mismatched shoes, but that didn't stop her from rocking them :)
Equipped with a special light-weight ball, we were ready to rock and roll.  Sort of, haha.  It was a lesson in patience for this toddler since we had about 7 girls bowling on each lane.  When it was finally Brooke's turn, she was so happy. The girls opted for bumpers in the gutters, but they didn't have a ramp for us to use, so I either assisted Brooke in trying to roll the ball, or we simply counted to 3 and chucked it down the lane. Once the ball landed, she would immediately start walking away saying "I did it, I did it", haha.  I had to remind her to watch where the ball went so she could see if it knocked any pins down!
All the pictures are pretty blurry, but at least I have something to document our first trip to the bowling alley.  My family bowled a lot growing up, so I am a big fan of the sport. Hopefully Kevin can come next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment