Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Baby Icky

On July 22nd, I had another 4 week check-up, and everything seemed great with the baby.  His heart rate was in the normal range, and I was measuring at about 24 weeks (I was 25 weeks at the appointment). Baby boy was moving a lot as the nurse was trying to hear his heart beat.  She made a comment about how we had a really active baby.  They say this EVERY time, which makes me kind of nervous for what lies ahead, haha.  I mean, it's comforting for me to feel his constant kicks and movements, but he moves way more than Brooke ever did.  Hopefully he isn't going to be hyperactive, haha.  This was also the appointment where I did the glucose tolerance test, which came back normal.  Brooke was great during the appointment, but started asking me for her lollipop about 15 minutes after arriving at the office. 
I finally gave in once we were back into the lobby and waiting the last 15 minutes until they could draw my blood.  She decided to make herself comfortable on this bench :)
And Sunday marked 27 weeks, which is kinda crazy!  In a way, the fact that we are moving into the third trimester seems pretty nuts.  On the other hand, I feel like I have been pregnant forever, so I wouldn't really say that time is flying by for the pregnancy.  Hopefully the next 13ish weeks go smoothly as we get ready for our little man to arrive.

Oh, and the title of this post comes from a name suggestion Brooke came up with!  I have asked her several times what she wants the baby to be called, and she always says something like "Baby Big Sister".  One morning, after she said good morning to the baby (my tummy), I asked her again.  This time she paused, and said "Icky".  I started laughing, and she said, "Baby Icky", with a huge smile on her face.  I was cracking up, so of course she kept saying it over and over.  Since then, she still brings up the name, so we've documented her vote :)

No comments:

Post a Comment