Friday, January 17, 2014

The Night Before Christmas

We hosted Christmas Eve this year for the first time, and really enjoyed the time spent as a family.  Although the table looked pretty festive (if i do say so myself!), the dinner didn't turn out as expected.  We planned on having a roast since that would be pretty simple and we wouldn't be in the kitchen all evening.  Well, I bought the wrong kind of roast apparently, because it wasn't the shredding kind that soaks up all the yummy juices. Instead, Kevin just sliced it up and put it back into the juice in hopes that it would be more juicy, haha.  But hey, we were grateful to have a nice dinner together!  I also used my pressure cooker for the first time (after calling Aunt Lori and Uncle Dean for advice) since I didn't want to have a disaster.  I am happy to report that no disaster ensued, and we had yummy mashed potatoes to go with our roast and carrots.

I thought it was funny how the babies sat at the head of the table in their high chairs!

After dinner, we opened up our Christmas books from Grandma and Grandpa Meador. 
 Then, we decorated sugar cookies.  I want this to be a tradition, and let me tell you, Kinley was all about it :)  She wanted to be Miss Independent and shake those sprinkles herself!  We were cracking up as she shook the sprinkles and flinched as the sprinkles got near her eyes, haha.


 Brooke REALLY wanted to get in on the action, so I am sure she will love the tradition next year.
 Everyone headed home around 7, so we enjoyed a little bit of time with our sweet little girl before tucking her into bed.


Then it was time to play Santa :)  Kevin put Brooke's baby walker/stroller together as I wrapped a few last minute presents.  We didn't set out any cookies for Santa since Brooke is still too young to understand, but I am excited to do that next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment