Wednesday, January 8, 2014

6 Month Snapshot


Her sixth month was quite busy, but we continue to enjoy every moment with Brooke.  Things to note: She rolled over by self from tummy to back, refused her bottle at church (which luckily did not become a "thing"), threw-up for first time (all over Mommy), spent the night on an aerobed with Mom in the nursery because she was having a really hard time staying asleep, sat up for 10 seconds on her own without falling forwards, said "mamamama" A LOT, pushed up on knees and toes during tummy time, waved at Daddy, tried solids (and LOVED them), went on her first trip to California, learned to give kisses to her Grammie, pushed herself up on her hands during tummy time, grabbed at her reflection in the mirror and sat and smiled at it, and grew taller because we had to raise the exersaucer!


We also finally transitioned Brooke from her bassinet to her pack-n-play in our room.  The night before she threw-up, she was moving around a lot in her sleep.  I was up multiple times because I wasn't feeling good, and every time I woke up, she was in a new (cramped) position in her bassinet.  This was when I knew it was time for a change, but I wasn't ready to put her upstairs yet! I really struggled with this, because I figure that at 6 months, she probably should be in her own room, but I just wasn't ready. We all sleep great with Brooke in our room, and when I suggested moving her, Kevin responded with, "No, not yet!"  Not that he wakes up with her in the night, but I think he likes knowing that she is close to us, and seeing her in the morning as he is getting ready for work. 

The above picture was the old set-up, and the picture below was taken the morning after her first night in the pack-n-play.  She looks so chubby to me, haha :)

Brooke did awesome on her first flight.  I was really nervous about traveling alone, but we flew early in the morning and I nursed her as we took off, she slept for 2 hours, then cuddled with me for the last hour of the flight.  Oh, and the best part, was that we had a whole row to ourselves which really made it nice!  
 Grammie and Grandpa were SO excited to see Brooke, and we were equally as excited. 
 Giving kisses to Grammie. This was seriously hysterical. My mom was kissing on Brooke's cheeks, then Brooke turned and started gumming on her face.  This went back and forth for a good 10 minutes! I have some really great videos with Brooke's sounds effects as she gave "kisses".  Brooke also would smile and kick her little legs whenever Grandpa would talk to her.  He really got a kick out of that, and it has continued whenever we facetime, or if I put the phone on speaker when we are talking. I really think she recognizes their faces and their voices.



 Enjoying some last minute sniggles before we headed to the airport!
 We also enjoyed Brooke's first Thanksgiving and a visit from her Auntie Kimberly, but that's for another post!  

No comments:

Post a Comment