Wednesday, May 24, 2023

end of first grade

Colby had a great year in Mrs. Byrd's class :) She emailed out this picture earlier in the year, but I wanted to document it here. 
They had a little program in their classroom, followed by the class party. 
I got a kick out of watching Colby, just chatting with his school friends...
I wasn't the Room Mom this year, but I offered to do the craft and ordered some cute sun catchers at Oriental Trading. 
The school year flew by, but Colby learned so much and grew significantly in his reading ability.  He still prefers me to read to him rather than reading on his own, but I loved seeing his growth.
I made sure to get a picture of Colby with his certificates :) The green one was an Outstanding Music Award from Ms. Edwards, the white one was a Dazzling Dragon award for completion of 1st grade. Colby is such a sweet boy and was well-loved by his teacher and peers.  He would often complain that the school day felt long, but I completely understood because they go to school for 7.5 hours.  I honestly wish it was shorter because I would love to have more free time with the kids in the afternoon.  Thankfully, they don't have homework, but it's still too much. 
I checked him out early and we headed to Einstein's Bagels for lunch.  I always love one-on-one dates with my kids. 
Love you, Colby Boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment