Sunday, May 14, 2023

cruise-day 6

We spent lots of time at the pool and on the lounge chairs, which was exactly what I wanted to do for Mother's Day.  I wasn't sure how I felt about spending Mother's Day on the ship since I wasn't really sure it would feel like a "special day", which sounds kinda of spoiled considering that I was on a cruise ship...but hopefully that makes sense.  The night before, Kevin mentioned that I should try to go to the spa or something the next morning because we had read about a free shoulder massage for mothers...but turns out it was really only a 5 minute massage and the line was super long, so I regretted waking up early for that.  Since the rest of my family was still asleep, I walked up to the track deck and stretched out on a lounge chair and enjoyed feeling the sun on my face.  

When I felt ready, I headed back to our room, where everyone was still sleeping.  I was trying to get everyone up for breakfast and I felt a little frustrated that I wasn't the one being "taken care of" but it ended up being a good day as a family. Brooke reminded me on several occasions that I had been a mother for nearly a decade, which is just crazy.  One of my greatest joys is being a mom, so I am incredibly grateful for that title and the trust the Lord has placed in me. 
Funny story:  the kids saw a man with one of the tall acrylic cups from the Windjammer filled to the top with the soft serve ice cream from the pool deck.  They were begging to do the same, haha, so we eventually let them.  You only live once, right??
We took a break from the pool for some lunch...
Hung out at the sport court (random statue picture) where Colby played basketball...
Played a few rounds of miniature gold...
 It was such a beautiful day and we were loving all the sunshine.  It's pretty wild to take a step back and realize that we were playing miniature golf on a ship, in the middle of the ocean!! 
Trying to get that ball to roll in...
Before heading back to our room for showers, we watched Kevin take one more turn on the Flowrider with his "blue band bros". 
Then it was off to our last formal dinner!  During the meal, the wait staff all paraded around the dining room, some with napkins tied around their heads.  Naturally, Colby needed to give it a try. 
Every night I would ask the kids their favorite part of the day, and most days they would reply, "EVERYTHING!"  I have a feeling we'll be cruising again in the future.

Before thanking our waiters and saying goodbye, we took a picture with Frazer and Jolo.  They were so kind to us and always tried to make conversation about our days' adventures.
Until next time, Royal Carribean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment