Wednesday, May 10, 2023

cruise-day 2

No better way to start the day than a trip through the Windjammer Cafe :)  Brooke was loving all the fresh fruit, grabbed a roll, and ended up with a donut or two on her plate. 
After breakfast, we headed straight to shuffle board, rode the Flowrider, and played a round of miniature golf. It was incredibly windy, but super fun.
I was a little hesitant to try it with my swimsuit that wrapped around the mid-section to hold it all together, but I'm happy to report that I didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions :)
Then it was back to the Flowrider, ice skating, rock climbing (WAY harder than we all anticipated) and water slides.  Not exactly relaxing, but the kids were so eager to try everything and they didn't want to stop until we accomplished just that!
When the divider was in place, you were only allowed to do the kneeboard so that two people could go at the same time.  It made sense because those lines were long!
The ice had super deep grooves that made it somewhat difficult to skate on, but the kids were still bummed when our session was over.  They really only had a few skate sessions during the entire cruise, so I was just grateful that we were able to take advantage of one of them. 
I expected both kids to do fairly well with the rock climbing, but Colby really struggled.  He was so frustrated that he was having a hard time, but he was especially frustrated when he saw that Brooke was climbing higher than him.  
Kevin climbed the highest out of all of us, but he said it was because he didn't think his line was tight and he felt like if he let go he was going to fall straight down.  Such a terrifying thought!!  But eventually, he had to let go to repel down.
I went down the slides a few times with the kids, but then I let them ride on their own while I sat on a bench and waited.  I could watch the kids on the slide and Kevin on the Flowrider from the same bench, so it was a pretty great set-up. 
After several rides on the surfboard, the instructors told Kevin to go get a blue band, which meant that he could ride during the "Advanced Rider" sessions.  He was pretty happy about that, and went to as many sessions as he could.  There was one other middle-aged guy that was super good, but the rest were young dudes that Colby referred to as his daddy's "blue band bros."  
The kids and I on my favorite bench :)  By 6 PM, the crowds were gone, the ocean was calm, and I could watch my family live their best lives. 
We packed A LOT into day two, but I don't regret any of it.  That night was dubbed Formal Night, so I made sure we had plenty of time to get back and pretty up before dinner.  The littles were great sports about getting our pictures taken, and although I originally wasn't going to buy the professional pictures because of how expensive they were, I caved in the end since we were given some on-board ship credits that worked towards picture packages. 
I ADORE the pic of Brooke and Colby hugging. I honestly will treasure that picture forever!!
Since we had time to kill between pictures and dinner, we wandered the ship and had our own little photo shoot. 
The menu was slightly fancier for Formal Night, but it wasn't quite as good as I remembered from previous cruises.  Maybe I am just pickier now or more of a foodie than I was before, haha.  But it was fun to watch the kids order their meals.  Brooke was definitely more adventurous in her starter, entree, and dessert, but they both thought the process was pretty fun.
Colby loved the fancy stemware and insisted on holding his cup like this...
That night, we watched a song and dance show at 10:30 PM!  It was 'mostly' good, but one song had some inappropriate choreography, which really bugged me.  I don't know why we can't keep things family-friendly. 
After the show, Kevin suggested that we stop on the Royal Promenade for a snack.  Colby and I were still stuffed from dinner, but these two opted for pizza and brownies to take back to our room.  
The next day we would be in Cozumel, which meant that we were swimming with dolphins.  We all went to bed extra excited for what the next day held in store for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment