Tuesday, February 14, 2023

valentine's day

This year, I decided to set out Brooke and Colby's valentines on the counter where they eat breakfast.  I knew Brooke would be super excited about the kitty poster I bought while working the book fair, and I hoped Colby would be equally excited about the Ninjago Lego book and mini figurine.  They both needed new water bottles, so Valentine's Day seemed like the perfect time to gift them some. Most importantly, I wrote out things I love about them.  
In the center, I placed a special box of cereal for them to share. 
I debated about whether I should have lunch with them on V-day, but I'm so glad I did.  There's just something special about hanging out with them in the place where they spend so much of their time.
One of the girls in Brooke's class had a birthday, so she even had a special cupcake to enjoy after lunch. 
Their school doesn't allow class parties, but they do let the kids exchange valentines at the end of the day.  Colby's class decorated bags to keep their valentines, and Brooke took the box she's used since Kindergarten.
Kevin brought flowers home for the girls, and a package of Oreos for his boy :) I love that he also wrote us the sweetest notes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment