Thursday, December 16, 2021

prairie lights

Although I was pretty sad about missing the Sneak-A-Peak at Prairie Lights, we had a pretty wonderful time doing the drive-through one evening.  At the halfway point, we got out of the car to check out the carnival rides...
Kevin and I looked like giants on that carousel, but it was so fun to just act like kids with our kids. 
We walked through the main building with Santa and concessions, then headed out to the Magical Forest.
I always joke with Kevin that I take the best pictures, but this one he took of him and I might be one of my all-time favorites.  I was just so happy that night and my heart was filled with gratitude that we were experiencing something I love, even if it wasn't in the original way we planned.
As we completed the loop, we entered the lighted tunnel with millions of lights.  It's hard to capture it in a picture, but it's a very magical experience.  Since we no longer have a sunroof, the kids had to settle for sticking their heads out the window, haha.  I didn't get a good picture of Brooke since she was on the other side of the car, but her face was just as giddy. 
Until next year!!  And this time I won't wait until the last minute to register for the race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment