Saturday, December 18, 2021

emily's bridal shower

When I found out that Emily (one of my favorite girls from when I worked in Young Womens) was getting married, I quickly offered to throw her a bridal shower.  Her wedding date was set for December 30th, but since she was flying to Texas for bridal pictures at the beginning of December, we picked December 4th for her shower.  Invitations were already sent out when Annette passed away and although I felt responsible for hosting the shower (and wanted to be there!), I knew I could ask someone else to host it in their home.  Joanna was super willing, so I began working on the games and favors so she wouldn't have a lot to worry about. Well, a week before the shower, Joanna's brother-in-law passed away and his funeral was planned for that very same weekend.  So, we made the decision to postpone the shower until December 18th. 

I notified all the guests, and thankfully, we still had an incredible turnout. Her wedding vibe was sage green and ivory with eucalyptus leaves, so I ran with that.  How perfect were these soaps from Bath & Body Works?  I also found the games on Etsy and just bought the printable rather than trying to create something myself. 
I borrowed the greenery from Joanna and displayed some of her beautiful bridals :)  She had asked me to do her hair and makeup for her bridal pictures, and since they weren't until the Monday after our trip, I was able to do it.  I was super nervous about doing it, but since she's a natural beauty, everything turned out well. 
She looked like a real-life Cinderella in that huge tree swing. 
Stunning, right?  They make a very good looking couple. 
I also displayed their wedding announcement picture :)
I ordered these tiny paper boxes from Amazon, as well as the yummiest soft caramels.  The kids helped me put them all together because it was taking longer than I thought it would. 
Since the shower was held in the morning, we served brunch foods.  Joanna made the most delicious egg casserole and fruit tray, and we also served cinnamon rolls (with Rhodes frozen dough), yogurt parfaits, Costco muffins, and orange juice.  
The presentation of the cinnamon rolls wasn't perfect, but they are always a crow pleaser.  And I was totally in love with the plates I found on Amazon. They perfectly tied everything together.  I used a few more of the greenery sprigs from Joanna, and used a table runner I made for one of Danielle's baby showers. 
We ate, played a few games, heard stories from Emily about her dating experience, engagement, and future plans with Mark, then opened gifts.
Emily is so loved by so many, and it was fun to see her surrounded by so much support. 
Stacie Elliott, Teddi Parr, Jen Taggart, Rachel Smith, and Joanna Hawkins...
An orchestra teacher and her daughter...
Emily, Melanie Danielson, and Shawna (Emily's mom)
Pam Jarrett and Debbie Sanford
McKenna Murray and Teddi Parr
Teresa Longoria and Stacie Elliott
High school friends...
Emily and Joanna...
I had to get a few mother/daughter pictures...
I also wanted a picture with the guest of honor!  I love Emily so much and am thrilled that she found such a great guy.  He is definitely getting a good one, so I hope he knows how lucky he is!!
Can't wait for the wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment