Thursday, November 25, 2021

thanksgiving

First ever Turkey Bowl for Colby!  Needless to say, he loved it, but I'm not sure who loved it more.
Watching these two together makes my heart happy. Kevin loves including the kids when he can, and today was the perfect example.  There were only a few kids there, but Kevin made sure to make it a positive experience for his little dude. 
Brooke and I enjoyed sleeping in on Thanksgiving, then prepared the sweet potatoes together while listening to Christmas music. Once we were all showered and ready, we headed to Grandma and Papa's house where Brooke peeled 5 pounds of golden potatoes for mashies.  She definitely earned pro status on the peeler!!
Making themselves dizzy while waiting for their cousins to arrive...
All the prep was done, and we were waiting on the Peacocks to arrive, so I took the opportunity to go in the backyard with the kids.  I rarely get to just go play with them because there's usually something I feel like I should help with, so this was a really perfect opportunity.  I was able to give them my undivided attention and it was honestly the best. Our badminton skills need some work, but there were a lot of laughs. 
At one point, Colby sat down to stack blocks with Emery and she was in heaven.  She's always so busy trying to keep up with the big kids, so it was cute for Colby to slow down and just play with her. 
More dinner prep and then it was time to eat!!
The kids loved sitting at their own table, and I got a kick out of Brooke's very full plate...
As per usual, they were all obsessed with the Martinelli's sparkling cider.  I think we went through 4 bottles :)
Despite our full bellies, we still made room for pie.  These kids were so proud of themselves and their hard work.  I know Grandma loved the whole process as well.  (Do you notice the grass stuck in Brooke's hair??  Proof that they were outside running and playing between dinner and dessert, haha.)
A bit more playtime before calling it a day and heading home.  We are definitely thankful this time of year for our abundant blessings.  We are seriously very spoiled and have so much to be grateful for, but at the top of the list is our family, our knowledge of a Father in Heaven who loves us, a Savior who atoned for us, and our testimonies of the gospel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment