Sunday, November 14, 2021

family pictures

I was sort of struggling emotionally this Fall while recovering from my surgery.  We had to cancel our camping trip to Turner Falls, which is something I love doing every year.  We have gone that past 4 years and I really wanted to keep that tradition, but it's a lot of work getting ready and I just didn't have the energy yet.  Since I waited until the last minute to cancel that trip, all the tickets to the Prairie Lights Sneak-A-Peak walk/run were sold out.  That's another tradition that we do every year, and I was just frustrated.  I also hadn't made any sort of plans or preparations for family pictures, which we take every Fall.  I was just frustrated that I wasn't able to physically keep up with all of the expectations I had for myself. 

One night, as I told Kevin how disappointed I was, he commented that I should see if we could do pictures that weekend.  We couldn't do anything about our trip or the Prairie Lights run, but we could do pictures if that would bring me some joy.  (Not that I need proof of Kevin's love, but if I did, this would be it because he does not really care for family pictures!) I had just seen a post that my realtor friend posted about a customer appreciation event she did with a photographer.  I checked out her website and loved her work, so I sent her an email and asked for a miracle. She didn't respond for hours, which was fine, but I ended up asking my realtor friend (Stevie) if she thought there was any chance her photographer friend could squeeze us in that weekend.  She sent me her phone number and it was all coordinated in a snap.  

The photographer, Jen Logan, met us on Sunday afternoon right off 287 in Mansfield and was a dream to work with.  Although we had just met, she had a wonderful way with the kids and got the most beautiful and natural smiles from them.  
This might be my favorite photo from the whole session!
Brooke didn't want any type of hairstyle or headband and although I was frustrated by that, I decided to allow her that freedom and when I saw these pictures, I told her she was right.  Her hair looked gorgeous just the way she wanted it.  She is growing into the most beautiful girl and has the personality to match. 
Colby was a little silly at times, but I love how natural his smiles were and kept staring in unbelief at how big he looked. 
Why do they have to grow up??
She asked if I could pick Colby up, and although I really wasn't supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds, I quickly lifted him for this sweet picture.  If I'm being honest, I didn't like the picture at first because my face is all scrunched weird on the side, but when I look past that, I see a little boy who adores me and I will forever cherish this picture. 
And this girl! I love that she just wrapped her arms right around me.  The hand placement is a little weird right over my bum, but I adore it anyway. 
I especially adore this one, in both color and black and white!
Her package price only included 15 images, but I had to add a few more because I love all the individual groupings. 
This is when Colby was at his silliest, so I'm amazed that this picture even turned out.  He was acting as if his legs were made of noodles and every time I said something, he seemed to get sillier. 
I'm so grateful for this family of mine, and I was so grateful that everything worked out so seamlessly for these pictures to happen.  It might seem like a small thing to most people, but I cherish family pictures and she perfectly captured our little family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment