Wednesday, November 24, 2021

prep day

Thanksgiving Prep at Grandma and Papa's house started with placement coloring.  I've had these placements for years and since we usually don't host, I brought them to Grandma's house :)
Learning the art of making pie crusts with Grandma, who is a very patient teacher. 
While the dough chilled in the freezer, the cousins used their teamwork to set the tables. 
Then it was time to roll out the crusts. 
Colby was totally into the details around the edge, and I adore this picture of him and his "pickle pie."
Then it was time for the girls to make their crusts...
Brooke made her first ever pumpkin pie and was quite pleased with herself.  I was hoping she would actually try it the next day after being so involved in the process, but she did not. 
I love watching this girl in the kitchen.  I really should spend more time baking and cooking with her because she really does seem to enjoy it.  She always wants to make things from her Princess Cookbook, but all the recipes are a bit bland.  I either need to buy her a new cookbook or introduce her to the wonder of Pinterest. 
No trip to Grandma's is complete without time spent in the backyard.  
After a busy day, we headed home with an excitement for what tomorrow would bring!  Lots of yummy food and more time spent with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment