Thursday, September 30, 2021

life in september

September felt full of Covid, but after looking at pictures, I was reminded that we also had some great moments.  It's important to look for the good, right??  Like these wildly tall flowers that Colby planted from seeds. He was so proud of himself and loved the process of watching the zinnias grow. I had no idea they would be so tall and although I loved the blooms, I didn't love how they looked around our trees.  I encouraged him to make bouquets for people, so we took one very large bouquet to Shawna as a sort of "pick-me-up" since Eric was still in the hospital dealing with Covid.   
After missing 7 days of school, the kids were able to go back! Brooke was beaming when I picked her up because she was issued her coveted 3rd grade chrome book. The thing is a brick (like my very first laptop), but she's feeling super cool!
Colby had been a total wreck that morning, telling me repeatedly that he was NOT going to school, but after a serious threat to take away his favorite stuffed animal, he was finally compliant. And guess what?? He had an awesome day, so we celebrated with a snow cone :)
Colby's teacher took these adorable picture on "Patriot Day", which was a commemoration of the attacks on the Twin Towers on 9/11.
Brooke's teachers also sent a pic of all their red, white, and blue spirit :)
After school, I had to swing by and get my Kroger pick-up order.  It took a ridiculous 30 minutes, but the kids kept themselves entertained with the toy magazines that are flooding our mailbox in preparation for Christmas. I hate that Colby is looking so gigantic in his carseat...
My last weekend of quarantine was spend snuggling, watching way too many episodes of Just Add Magic with the kids, and relaxing on the boat.  The kids love the tube, so even though Kevin isn't a huge fan, he drags them all over Joe Pool Lake. 
We were able to resume our after-school park time with friends, and apparently it was too hot for Colby. 
I burst out laughing when I saw it, but even more so when Brock pulled off his shirt as well, haha.  
We've since talked about how he can just tough it out like the rest of us on these hot days, but it really was funny.  The Hawkins came over to play that afternoon, and it felt so good to return to "normal.''  Three weeks without a playdate was too long!
Colby is pretty independent with his showers, but he likes Kevin or I to be near the bathroom to "keep him company." One day he called for me to show me his "shampoo hairstyle" :)
Brooke loves all craft projects, so this "All About Me" box was right up her alley.  She hardly needed my help at all, and I loved seeing her creative juices flow :)
A date night with best friends is always a good night, especially when it involves yummy food.  Just trying to fit in as many hangouts as possible with Doug and Tracy before they move!!
School picture day rolled around, and since I always like the pictures I take better anyway, I snapped a few before heading out for the day.
And that's a wrap on our month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment