Thursday, August 13, 2020

second grade

Before we knew it, it was time for school to start again, which meant back-to-school priesthood blessings from Daddy. He gave them each a special blessing, and I felt of Heavenly Father's love for them in addition to my own.  They are such special kids and I'm grateful for the priesthood Kevin holds which allows them to receive all the blessings Heavenly Father has in store for them. 
Several years ago, while preparing a lesson for Young Women's, I asked my Dad his thoughts about his priesthood power.  He left me a really sweet voicemail saying that he always wanted the best for his kids.  He knew that he couldn't always give us everything we needed, but through the Priesthood, he could be an instrument in the Lord's hand to bless his children in whatever way He saw fit.  I have always remembered those sweet words from my own Dad.

We had options this year for school, and after weighing the pros and cons, we decided that Brooke would return in-person. They only mandated Fourth Grade and above to wear masks all day, so we felt comfortable sending her.  They had plans in place to: increase sanitation efforts, decrease the amount of contact with students from other classes, install barriers between kids at their desks and between kids in the lunch room, and socially distance when possible.  I appreciated the efforts, but overall, I wasn't worried about her getting Covid. 

Regardless of whether you chose In-Person or the Virtual Learning Academy, the first two and a half weeks was all done virtually.  There was quite a learning curve due to technology issues, but the teachers worked hard to make it as seamless as possible. Brooke was excited to see her classmates and "meet" her teacher, Mrs. Blanton.
She looked darling on her first day and was SO excited about her new outfit.  I just can't get over her tan legs!!
They updated the Daulton marquee with a cute welcome message, so I took Brooke over for a few pictures :)
Dragons can do VIRTUALLY anything :)
Brooke had a great attitude about doing school virtually and although I was sick of the constant logging on and off every other hour, I appreciated her positivity and willingness to do whatever Mrs. Blanton was asking :) And she got to wear her new sweats to virtual school, which would have never happened in real school because it's still like 95 degrees outside, haha.  
I'm pretty sure her favorite part was doing show and tell with her classmates...
My favorite part was hearing Mrs. Blanton teach and getting to know her personality a bit. She was patient and kind, which is exactly what I hoped for. I also enjoyed listening to the other kids in the class and watching Brooke participate with them.  Way to just go with the flow, Little Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment