Saturday, August 1, 2020

4th of July breakfast

I love traditions and our Fourth of July breakfast is a favorite!  This year was especially great because the "whole Arlington gang" was together!  (Even though we had to wait until August 1st for this to happen, haha!) Over the years, some families haven't been able to come, or one parent had to stay home with a sick kid, so this was a BIG deal.  Especially amid the pandemic! I found out afterwards that Andreia wasn't even able to see her extended family after coming over since they were worried about their possible exposure to Covid.  Although I was sad for her, I felt grateful that she valued this tradition enough to come anyway. 
We used to meet at Cracker Barrel, but with more kids, it just became too crazy. We started hosting 4 years ago I think, which makes things much simpler and gives us more time to chat while the kids play.  We've done waffles in the past with an egg hash and bacon, but this year we opted for breakfast burritos and fresh fruit.  

So many sweet kids! It's still crazy to think that Eva was the only child when we all became friends!
These girls will always be some of my greatest friends!  We have helped each other through a lot over the years and I feel incredibly grateful for their love, friendship, and support. 
And I'm glad these dudes have each other.  They don't get to spend a ton of time together, but I'm glad they have fun when they do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment