Friday, February 15, 2019

clayton chandler

What do you do when you have the Friday off of school?? Meet up with your friends at Clayton Chandler park, of course!  We were so happy that the Myers were available because we really had a blast together.  It's amazing when your kids can get along so well together and entertain themselves for hours!

Brooke and Nora were little monkeys on the playground...
 Then the majority of the time was spent in the sand at the volleyball court.  My kids love this sand, but I have a love/hate relationship with it!  It really is so soft and great for playing in, but it always stains their clothes for some reason.  Luckily, Brooke was wearing a dress so it didn't really matter and Colby's pants weren't affected.  Either way, it would have been worth it because they had such a blast building mountains, digging holes, burying each other, etc.  (I was just glad that I remembered to pack their sand toys.)
 I loved watching the teamwork and enjoyment these kids had together despite their age differences.  Good friends are absolute gems.
 When we finally pulled the kids away from the sand and attempted to clean them up a bit, we picnicked by the tennis courts and let the kids scooter all over the courts while Tracy and I chatted about life.

I'm not sure what Nora and Brooke were chatting about, but I loved looking over at their matching blonde ponytails as they sat there together.
 Brooke found a ladybug that she came to show me, and then it was off for a scooter ride and a failed attempt at riding scooters in the skate park, haha.  The ramps were all too steep for our kids!  But we thoroughly enjoyed our full day at the park and quality bonding time with Miss Tracy and her kiddos.  This definitely needs to be repeated soon before the weather becomes miserable.  But hey, Clayton Chandler has a splash pad area as well, so I guess we're covered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment