Sunday, January 6, 2019

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

I simply couldn't choose a favorite picture of my little sunbeam, so I added them all, haha! He loved nursery, but at the beginning of December, they allowed him to have a trial run in Primary during Sharing Time.  The only problem was that once he went to Primary, he no longer wanted to go back to Nursery.  They brought him to me several times because he was either crying, or wouldn't stop asking for me.  I was ready for the New Year so that he could officially go to Primary, or "Sissy's School", as Colby called it.

He did great his first day, and loved telling me all about it.  I loved peeking into the Primary room and seeing him sitting reverently in his little chair.  

My sweet girl moved up to CTR 5, and continues to love Primary.  She loved her old teachers (Murray and Tieken), but seemed excited about her new teachers (Brother and Sister Bassett).  Sister Bassett told me how excited she was to have Brooke in her class.  As a parent, that's always nice to hear. 
The Church also announced a new curriculum (Come Follow Me- For Individual and Families), that we will implement along with the change to 2 hour church.  So many changes, but I know that if we truly follow the curriculum, we will have the blessings promised by President Nelson.

"Joy-filled homes.  Deeper conversation to God and Jesus Christ.  Children who are excited to learn and live the teachings of the Savior.  Sabbath days that aren't a burden, but a real delight.  This new home-centered, Church-supported integrated curriculum has the potential to unleash the power of families."

He promised that, "Changes in your family will be dramatic and sustaining", and I am excited to see those changes within my own family!

No comments:

Post a Comment