Monday, December 31, 2018

out with the old, in with the new

We don't really have any great New Year's Eve traditions, but we did have a faux ball drop at 10 PM, haha.  We had been playing and having fun together, but as it got later, I knew the kids needed to get to bed.  Kevin found the NYC ball drop countdown from last year, and at 10 PM, we watched it as if it was midnight :)  The kids had their pots and pans ready and we had glasses of Martinelli's to toast with. 

This picture is blurry, but it was the best I got...
Brooke thought the whole toasting thing was HILARIOUS, and this picture captured that perfectly.  Although she also looks a little tipsy, haha.
Kevin fell asleep while putting Colby to bed, and I couldn't wake him up, so I rang in the New Year by myself, haha.  I actually didn't really care that much because I was totally exhausted.  (Colby has been waking me up multiple times a night to go lay by him.  I have no idea what this is about, but when I tell him how tired it makes me, he says, "But there are two pillows on my bed."  He clearly doesn't see the problem with the new trend.)

We went to see Mary Poppins Returns on New Year's day since our previous attempt fell through.  It was such a cute movie. 
After the movie, we met Jerry and Bev for lunch at Twisted Root and literally had the restaurant to ourselves.  I guess everyone was sleeping off their New Year's festivities. I love my boys so much...
I'm excited for what a new year will hold for our family, and I am hoping to have a goal planning session with Kevin in the coming week to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment