Wednesday, December 12, 2018

christmas cuties

So many of the daily memories I am reserving for the chatbooks, but these pictures deserved a post on their own.  Christmas is such a fun time of year, and it really is more fun with kids. One morning, I was shopping at Target with Colby.  We found this Santa phone that had multiple pre-recorded messages about being on the naughty or nice list, or about sending your list to the North Pole.  Colby listened to all the messages, then kept trying to talk back to the phone, saying things like, "I'm on the nice list."  It was hysterical and adorable all at the same time. 
One of the first weeks of December,  Brooke wanted to wear her old Christmas dress.  It still fit, so I was okay with it.  She loved the sequins and the tulle, and was excited to wear my locket. She even requested that I curl her hair.  My babies looked precious together.
After church, Brooke wanted a picture with her "husband", as she calls our snowman, haha.
Sunday pics for everyone...
These two are adorable.  Brooke always wants Kevin to hold her for pictures, and she presses her little face right up against his.
That evening, I made a collage of Brooke in this red dress.  I couldn't believe that she's been able to wear the same dress for 3 years now!  She's getting to the stage where she isn't growing quite as quickly, which is good for the clothing budget. I was sad that she outgrew the shoes, though!
The dress really came in handy for the Grinch day at school :)  I originally thought she had nothing to wear for Grinch day, but when I saw pictures about dressing as a "Who down in Whoville", I knew we could come up with something.  The red dress was perfect, paired with her strawberry shortcake tights, a turtleneck I bought her for a dance thing, and a party hat underneath her hair.  She looked adorable, and she thought it was totally hilarious.

When we arrived at school, she started commenting that nobody else was dressed up.  As we walked towards the school, she started snuggling up next to me and I could tell that she was nervous and/or embarrassed. She asked me if I had time to walk her in to class, and I told her I definitely did. (To clarify, I always have time to walk her in, but if we're running late to school, I don't have time to check in through the office or else she would be late to class.)  As soon as we arrived at her classroom, Mrs. Hickerson told Brooke how amazing she looked.  Once Brooke walked inside her classroom, she saw her friend Riley with the same hairstyle.  I could tell that Brooke felt more comfortable knowing that she wasn't the only one with crazy hair, and that made me feel better :)  I want her to feel confident in herself, but I also know how awkward it can feel to draw so much attention to yourself.  But i'm glad she rocked it and had fun with the dress-up day.  My crazy little Who :)
The amazing part is that her hair stayed in place for the entire school day!  That simply goes to show that I used a LOT of hairspray .

No comments:

Post a Comment