Sunday, December 2, 2018

bass pro santa

On December 1st, I took the kids to Grapevine to see Santa at the Bass Pro Shop.  We waited in line for 30 minutes before the store opened at 10, but it secured us a spot to wait in the 10:30 Santa line. We checked out all the taxidermied animals, warmed up by the massive fire, wrote letters to Santa, and checked out the 4-wheelers in true Texas fashion. 
(My favorite picture of Brooke.)
When it was finally time to meet the big guy, Brooke took Colby's hand and they headed down the red carpet. These are the kind of moments that I adore.  My kids can pester each other to no end, but they also have the sweetest love for each other. Brooke takes her big sister role very seriously, and she is so attentive and protective of her little bother.
When Colby was acting shy, Brooke quickly put her arm around him.  They are too cute, and I'm glad they have each other.
After telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas, it was time for their picture.  They both gave beautiful smiles, received their candy canes, and moved on to the activities. 
The whole idea of shooting a cross bow and a rifle after seeing Santa is pretty hilarious, but they were excited to do ALL the activities.
We couldn't leave without taking a picture with the giant bear, either.  Their expressions are the best.
As we left, I saw a sign that kids ate free at the restaurant, so we headed over for some lunch.  Since Kevin was still in Utah at the funeral, we made the most of our special outing together. (Side note: As I stood up to leave the restaurant, I could hardly stand up straight because of shooting pains up and down my back.  I had tweaked it somehow the week prior carrying boxes of decorations upstairs, but it was progressively getting worse!  I could barely hobble to the car, but thankfully we made it home safely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment