Wednesday, October 31, 2018

halloween

Let me introduce you to the most adorable Wonder Woman and Firefighter I ever did see!  I have no idea why Brooke wanted to be Wonder Woman, but she had been talking about it for MONTHS!  As a family, we decided that we could all dress as superheros, and Colby was totally on board since he loves Spiderman.  (The kids have never seen any of the superhero shows, which is why I was confused, but I guess they recognize the characters and think they are cool?)

When I saw the Wonder Woman costume at Costco, I was sold!  It was super cute and a great price :) The Spiderman costume was okay, but the firefighter costume was ADORABLE, and Colby immediately wanted it.  Mostly because it came with an ax, a fake walkie talkie, and a whistle, haha.  I liked the idea of a family costume, but I really liked the idea of a costume he could wear for other things, like community helper day in Preschool next year.  Plus, Kevin and I no longer needed to dress up if we didn't have a family theme, so it was a win for everyone. 

Brooke barely fit into her red shoes, but they completed her outfit perfectly!! Thankfully, I brought a back up pair to the Trunk or Treat, which she ended up wearing :)
These pictures of Colby the Firefighter melt my heart...
I may or may not have threatened to cut off the whistle a few times when it was driving me nuts, but that is what I get when I let them wear their costumes starting in early September.
The Trunk or Treat was super fun, and I am really grateful that it was jut our ward this year.  Last year we combined with another ward, which just felt more chaotic and not as safe because we couldn't make a circle of cars and I want eyes on my kids at all times.
We had so much rain on Halloween day, so I wasn't sure if we'd have many trick-or-treaters.  They started later than normal, but they eventually started knocking and my kids LOVED it!  Brooke carefully handed each child 2 pieces of candy, and Colby was grabbing handfuls of candy to put in the buckets.  I had to explain that we would quickly run out of candy, but I loved his generous spirit.
After a while, we placed our bucket of candy on the porch with a note (handwritten by Brooke) instructing the kids to take 2 pieces of candy and we headed out to trick or treat. We ran into the Hawkins at the second house, and stuck with them for the rest of the night. It's pretty great when some of your best friends are also your neighbors!
The kids were excited to check out their loot, and they definitely came home with a lot!!
We definitely had a happy Halloween :)

No comments:

Post a Comment