Friday, October 26, 2018

arlington patch

Although only 2 of the 4 of us actually still live in Arlington, this group of friends will always be know as "The Arlington Gang" in my book :)  We were missing Andreia and her kids, and a few of Tracy's kids, but it was a great time together!  We've been meeting up at this pumpkin patch for years, and my kids adore our time there. Brooke loves Cam Cam...
Colby loves his Maddy...
And I love watching the kids run and play together...
The pumpkin patch doesn't really change year to year, so we have these same pictures from over the years.  It really is great since you know I love a good comparison picture :)
Danielle snapped a few pictures while we were there, which I am always grateful for.  It seems vain to want to be in the pictures sometimes, but I want to be remembered with my kids as well. Mom life is amazing, but definitely not easy.  I really put a lot of effort into being the best mom I can be and providing a happy, nurturing, safe life for my kids, so when I see a picture of me being mom, it makes me feel valued and important. Maybe that seems silly, but these pictures mean a lot to me.
I love these girls so much!  They really have been such great friends and supports to me over the past 11 years.  

At the last minute, I decided to also make this an impromptu birthday party for Colby.  We were going camping on his birthday, and having a family birthday the next weekend, but Brooke started asking Colby about what kind of party he wanted to have which brought the whole "friend party" conversation to the table.  I was going to buy cupcakes to eat with friends at the pumpkin patch, but the morning of, my friend posted that she had extra sugar cookies for sale.  They were adorable (as always), and Halloween themed, which would go perfectly with a pumpkin patch outing.  I quickly messaged her about buying all the cookies, and the party was ready :)  Easy, Peasy!!
Colby was so stinkin' adorable as we sang to him, and it made me so happy that it all came together. 
He was surrounded my little friends (and their Mamas) that love him, which made my Mama heart SO grateful. 
Happy third birthday, little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment