Tuesday, October 16, 2018

green meadows

Fall comes with so many fun traditions, and Green Meadows is definitely one of them! We've been coming here the last 5 years, and I love looking back at my babies with the farm animals.  They close at 3 PM, which is tricky since Brooke doesn't get out of school until 3:30.   I debated back and forth about taking her out early, but in the end I figured I could do whatever I wanted, haha.  I am her mother, after all, and missing the last hour or so of school wasn't going to kill her. We had the entire place (mostly) to ourselves, so I will definitely go at this time next year as well :)
They still held the pig race, even though the audience consisted of 4 people, haha. Brooke and Colby were able to ring the bells for the race to start, so their days were made! Except that Brooke kept making comments about how disgusting it smelled in that area, which were my thoughts exactly.
We enjoyed the hayride around the lake, only without the hay. We had SO much rain this Fall, so they had to remove all the hay from the trailers.  Colby was thrilled since he doesn't like sitting on the hay anyway...
The highlight of the whole afternoon was our time with the goats.  They have feed available for free, and I'm pretty sure my kids used 30 handfuls for those hungry goats and sheep.
Before we left, we made one last visit to the baby bunnies and chicks.  The farm employee was putting metal grates over their big boxes, and when Brooke inquired about why she was doing that, the employee told her that a bobcat lived within the park and they didn't want the baby animals to become a midnight snack.  Brooke was obviously disturbed by this news, but I told her that the animals would be fine.  We then went to pick our pumpkins, but she was acting weird about posing for a picture.  She was refusing to stand where I wanted her to, and I was getting frustrated. She finally said, "I don't want to put my back towards the bushes, I hear something in there."  Hahahaha, I started laughing which made her mad.  I assured her that a bobcat wouldn't come out in broad daylight, but I allowed her to move about 10 steps closer to me so that I could keep her safe :)
Love my little pumpkins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment