Tuesday, February 20, 2018

potty training

Out of nowhere, Colby expressed interested in the potty, so we pulled the tiny potty from his closet.  He has been sitting on it before bath, but only briefly, before stating "I don't have any."  I wasn't ready to potty train, so I didn't really push it.  One morning, after waking up dry (which happens a lot), I told Colby that we could go use his little potty.  I was curious more than anything about whether or not he would get it.  He sat down, then tried to stand right up again.  I told him to wait just a minute, then tried to distract him with a story.  Within a few seconds, he started peeing, which surprised both of us!  I started cheering and making a big deal out of it, and he was just so stinkin' proud of himself.  My Mama heart was bursting to see him so proud!  I then took a video to send to Kevin, and the hand motion is my favorite thing ever.
He didn't want to try anymore that day, which was fine by me.  He was excited about it again once we ordered his Paw Patrol undies, but again, not much progress has been made.  He carried the 7 pairs of undies around for 2 days, showing anyone that came to our house, haha.  I let him try them on once, but explained that he has to work on potty training before he can wear his big boy undies.

This was his first look at himself when he tried them on.  So funny, and adorable!  I'm not going to push it now, but at least I have the potty and the undies for when we're both ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment