Friday, February 16, 2018

love fest


This picture just makes my heart so happy!  We were headed to school for her first-ever Valentine's Day Party.  She had her basket full of treats, and was anxious to see what valentines she would receive.  I made a printable  (You are a GEM of a friend!) that we then attached to her ring pops. I debated about whether or not to just type her name, but then I figured it would mean more to her if she wrote her name by herself.  Wow, I'm glad she did, but that was a long process.  She said she was tired about a thousand times and she only has 10 classmates, haha!  She carried her basket in like she owned the place, and was equally excited about the heart clothes I bought for her. 

The next day (V-Day), I made a trail of hearts from the bottom of the stairs over to their Valentine surprise.  Brooke REALLY wanted to open the gifts, but I made her wait until Colby woke up.  I did let her read the love note from me, though :) Oh, and Kevin brought both of us flowers the night before, which made us both feel special.  Poor Colby said, "Where my flower?"  Kevin didn't know that his little dude wanted a flower as well, haha.
When Colby woke up, Brooke was over-eager to be his guide to the gifts.
They received a Spin-Art set, some refill supplies since I knew the paint wouldn't last long, and some raspberry gummies. They both loved it, and I did as well.  We made probably 10 designs the first day, and had fun figuring out how to do different effects.  I quickly learned that Colby has no idea how to squeeze a tube of paint gently, haha. 
You better believe that I took a few pictures of my two cuties in their V-day attire.  Brooke really waned to wear her same outfit from the day before, but the shirt had stains.  But I did let her be a repeat-pant offender. I really adore these two, and I love to see how their relationship is building each and every day.
I had to make this line-up of Colby's pictures because his facial expressions crack me up.  He does the hand-on-the hip all by himself, but the range of expressions is comical when I try to elicit a real smile. And I want to always remember how excited he was about that shirt.  He was with me when I bought it, so he asked me for weeks about wearing his dinosaur shirt. I was happy to finally let him have it, and I have a feeling that he will wear it a lot in the coming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment