Wednesday, February 7, 2018

new beginnings 2018

I love the 2018 Mutual Theme, Peace in Christ, which is taken from Doctrine and Covenants 19:23.  The church has so many incredible resources to incorporate the theme, and the music is amazing this year.  I really feel like this theme is so perfect for the youth of today since they are bombarded on a constant basis by the world.  I have read a lot about how we are trying to raise a "sin-resistant generation", and I think by looking for the peace that only the Savior can bring, we will arm these youth with the power to be sin-resistant. My second counselor and I put the evening together, and I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I tried not to micro-manage because I think I'm kind of particular about how I like things done, but I'm still working on that as well.  
We ordered these beautiful olive branch necklaces for the girls as a reminder of peace. 
I tell them all the time, but I truly love these girls.  I learn from their testimonies and am constantly impressed with the way they carry themselves and the example they set for the people at school, and for one another.  Such beautiful girls, inside and out!  I work with some amazing women as well.  Although this calling requires a lot of my time and attention, I truly enjoy it and find that it has helped my testimony grow and has helped me through a lot of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment