Thursday, December 1, 2016

little moments

The days sometimes feel so busy, but I love when I look through my camera roll and see the little moments that make me feel so complete as a mother. Like when I see this picture of Brooke helping me water the plants that she helped me plant :)  She loved to be my helper, and she loves to be outside.  And clearly, she loves her dance clothes.
Whenever I get ready, Brooke spends time in my closet trying on scarves, putting on my bracelets, and trying on my shoes.  She has become quite good at walking in heels, which is pretty impressive.  I just had to take a picture with her little leggings in my huge shoes.
I've said this a million times, but I love seeing my babies sleep.  They are just so peaceful and angelic, and I love that they can fall asleep so quickly in my arms.  I like to think that they feel safe in my arms, and are able to just relax and allow their little bodies to fall asleep.
Kevin and I still lay by Brooke as she falls asleep, per her request.  Maybe we shouldn't do that, but we both love that time at the end of the day to snuggle together.  The majority of the time, one or both of us fall asleep as well.  One night, I had been putting Colby to sleep (which took longer than normal), and I walked into Brooke's room to find her and Kevin fast asleep.  I risked the bright flash and took a picture of these two.  It's these little moments that make me grateful to be a parent. It's a big responsibility, and not always glamorous (ha!), but it makes my heart feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment