Friday, December 9, 2016

ward christmas party

The first Saturday in December, our ward hosted their annual Christmas program and dinner.  Brooke had been having a rough day, but for some reason, while I was fighting with her to get dressed and ready to go, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and all of a sudden, her demeanor changed. I'm not sure if she just felt cute or something, but all of a sudden, she was totally compliant and eager to do what I said.  It was super weird, but at least the evening took a turn for the better. She wanted to wear matching red lipstick with me, and I was a little obsessed with her outfit.  I bought it last year at Janie & Jack, but worried that the pants were going to be too short this year because she has grown SO much!
Once Colby was ready, I took a picture of the littles, and we headed out the door to get Kevin on the way to the church.
The dinner was delicious, and when the Primary kids went on stage to sing, someone told Brooke that she could go up there.  I was really surprised that she wanted to, but her and Brooks stood next to each other and sang their little hearts out :)
The final event of the evening was a visit to see Santa.  I pretty much knew this was how the encounter would go, but I figured it was worth a shot. Santa talked to her, commented how tall she was, and we were on our way, haha.
Maybe next year she'll actually look Santa in the eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment