Sunday, December 25, 2016

christmas day

These babies slept in as usual, which was fantastic.  Brooke was so anxious to go downstairs, though! They were both happy with what Santa brought for them, and then they opened up their other gifts.  I didn't buy many gifts this year because I felt like my house was FULL of toys, and I knew that they would also be getting gifts from all the family. 

Funny story about this camera stuffed toy:  I actually bought it and had it under the tree last year, but Brooke only wanted to open a few gifts.  So, I just put it in the closet and pulled it out this year. She loved it, haha. 
We facetimed with my parents so that they could see the kids open the gifts they sent.  Colby was cracking us up because he kept kissing the animals on the lego box. He really couldn't be any cuter. 
I really loved our slow morning, but eventually we had to get ready for church. Jerry had asked that we all attend their ward with them, so we headed up to Flower Mound.  Colby had lots of snuggles for Papa, which clearly made his day. 

While the adults finished getting dinner ready, these two cute girls looked at books. 
After we ate, we opened gifts, and just enjoyed the rest of the afternoon together.  It really was a beautiful day, and obviously the most important thing to be grateful for was the birth of our Savior.  Trying to teach that to my kids (mostly Brooke since Colby doesn't get it yet) has been a very tender and humbling experience.

And let's talk about how spoiled my kids are...

No comments:

Post a Comment