Monday, February 20, 2017

boater life

On February 18th, we went on our first boat outing of the season.  We were having beautiful weather in February, so you better believe that Kevin was anxious to get to the lake. I really love springtime at the lake because you aren't sweating to death, and can actually enjoy just relaxing on the water. Since Jerry was still recovering from his foot issues, him and Bev had to stay home, so it was just the four of us. Since the boat had been in the garage all winter, this meant that I had to either help back the trailer down the ramp, or drive the boat off of the trailer. I opted for driving the boat because I am pretty awful at doing the trailer, haha. Driving the boat doesn't make me too nervous, except for the fact that I would have the kids with me. I was just hoping that Colby would be content to just sit in his life jacket, which he was.  Driving the boat back on (at the end of the day), was way more stressful because Colby was loud and we had a group of on-lookers who were fishing off the dock.  In the end, it worked out, but my blood pressure was definitely elevated!
Colby was all about turning the steering wheel, and trying to grab at the throttle.
He really has grown into the life jacket, which made it really nice because he could move around and felt more freedom than last summer.
The water was the calmest I have ever seen at Lake Grapevine, so Kevin decided to wake surf. The water was still pretty cold, but nothing a little wet suit couldn't manage. I was driving, and I started out holding Colby, but he just wanted to turn around and watch Daddy.  I set him on the floor, and he could balance himself and kept shouting "Dada" and waving his whole arm at his Daddy. It was seriously my favorite part of the whole outing. I ended up taking a video because it was so adorable, but I promise I was still paying attention to driving :)
Brooke told us that she wanted to splash in the water, but Kevin told her it was probably too cold for her.  I told her to go feel the water, and if she wanted, she could totally get in. If she was feeling brave, I wanted to let her do it!  She put her toes in, and decided that she did, indeed, wanted to get in. We made a quick outfit change, and she had a blast.  She wanted to jump in with me holding her hands, so I basically dipped her in the water over and over, and although it totally took her breath away, she was smiling from ear to ear. I love this girl so much :)  Can you see the joy on her face?
As we were getting ready to leave, Brooke climbed in the bow, held out her arms, and declared, "I love boating THIS much".  We love that she enjoys boating as much as we do, and hopefully one day, we will have a boat at our marina so that we can enjoy the family time even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment