Sunday, May 15, 2016

sundays

I was called as the Young Women's President in May, which was an interesting experience.  Kevin had a PPI with the Bishop back in March, in which the Bishop told him that he may need to be released from his calling because of a "big" calling he had in store for me.  I figured this meant a member of some presidency, which was kind of terrifying.  I was feeling like I was barely staying on top of my duties as wife, mother, and homemaker.  My current calling as YW Secretary was perfect for me.  I attended everything, but was really only in charge of Personal Progress, secretary duties, YW In Excellence, and occasionally teaching.  It wasn't a big deal for me to have Colby with me.

So I knew something was coming...but I didn't actually get the calling for a few months.  When Bishop finally asked to come meet with Kevin and I, I was immediately super worried.  I didn't want to say no to a calling, but I was feeling overwhelmed.  He showed up about 10pm on a Wednesday night, and when he actually extended the calling, I had NO feelings of anxiety or worry.  I knew that was the Spirit letting me know that it would all be fine.  That I would have the ability to fulfill all of my responsibilities.  One of my main concerns was the fact that Colby wouldn't take a bottle.  I knew that I was going to be gone for more meetings, etc, which would require Kevin to take care of my little dude.

The first Sunday that I had to attend ward council before church, I had tried to prep everything before I left the house.  Not that Kevin couldn't do these things, but he just never had because HE was always the one at the early meetings.  I packed the diaper bag, got Colby dressed, down for his nap, and laid out Brooke's clothes.  My meetings went fine, and when Kevin arrived at church, he called me from the parking lot. He wanted to drop the kids off at the door because he couldn't find a parking spot.  I met him in the parking lot, and as soon as I opened the door I started cracking up.  Brooke was wearing the dress I had picked out, but she also had on a hot pink belt, tons of jewelry, and her hair was in the braids from the day before.  She was holding a huge adult-size pink water bottle, and her cup holder was filled with strands of string cheese.  I just laughed and laughed at the sight.  Brooke asked what was so funny, and Kevin responded, "Mom is just being mean."  Hahaha.  I should have taken a picture.

As we were waiting in the hall for the third hour to start, Kevin made a comment about how "If he was going to be in charge of Colby during the third hour, he was bringing the wagon to church for chunky boy."   Silly Daddy :)
I love this little boy so much!

A few weeks later, I was getting dressed for church when I passed the picture on the left (which is in a frame in our room).  I realized that Brooke and I were wearing the exact same outfits, so a picture was definitely in order.  I love doing comparison pictures because it amazes me how much kids change in such a short amount of time.  The two pictures were taken just over a year apart.
Sundays are a whole lot crazier now, but I am enjoying my calling and Kevin has been a great support and help not only with the kids, but also with my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment