Monday, May 30, 2016

kinley's dance recital

Kinley invited us to attend her Spring Dance Recital, and Brooke was super excited to attend.  We went to her Christmas recital, but it was pretty low-key, and we were almost late because I had a 6 week old baby Colby. I snapped a few pictures on the way in.  (Of course, Brooke had to bring her fancy purse that Grandma bought her.)
We enjoyed watching the recital, and Brooke was especially interested in the older girls who did "upside down tricks", as Brooke called them.  My favorite moment was after the recital, when Brooke just wanted to give Kinley hugs and tell her that she did a good job.  Kindly received some flowers, and as Brooke saw a bunch of other little dancers receive flowers, she said, "Where are my flowers?"  Although I am not one to think that all kids need to have everything the other kids have, my heart kind of broke.  I explained that the flowers were a way to say good job on the recital, but I later told Kevin that he should bring his little girl some flowers one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment